UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I – Including SSC Women Course -
Union Public Service Commission issued details about CDS Examination held on 17′th February 2012 for admission to the mentioned course in advertisement. Advertisement dated on 10 November 2012 at UPSC website. Eligibility criteria are given in this post for applying first CDS examination of 2013. Name of course and Approximate No. of Vacancies given below.
Name of Course – No. of Vacancy -
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 136th Course commencing in January, 2014 – 250
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala-Course Commencing in January, 2014 – 40
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January, 2014 – 32
4. Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 99th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in April, 2014 – 175
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai 13th SSC Women (NonTechnical) Course commencing in April, 2014 – 12
Educational Qualification And Upper Age Limit – These criteria are different according to the course offered by UPSC CDS and candidate should check all details about eligibility at notification attached in last of this post.
Application Fee – Candidate are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
How to Apply – Candidates are required to apply online only, by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in upto 10th December, 2012 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
Candidate can view complete notification of UPSC CDS-I 2013 at http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2013/cds1/eng.pdf